Get Your Home Carbon Monoxide Tested

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly poisonous gas that often has no distinguishable qualities. it is tasteless, odorless, and colorless. So by the time it is detected, it’s often too late. It is produced by the partial burning of fuels that may include coal, wood, charcoal, oil, kerosene, propane, and natural gas. It can come from furnaces, ranges, water heaters and room heaters. Automobiles and other gas burning equipment such as lawn mowers or generators also produce carbon monoxide. The inhaling of carbon monoxide causes serious injuries and death. 150-200 cases of death are reported annually.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms

Since carbon monoxide has no smell, it goes unnoticed and is often never associated with minor to moderate health conditions. Although high levels of carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal, small levels can trigger other ongoing symptoms from day to day. Some of these symptoms may include headache, chronic fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and even dizziness. In some severe cases it can also be linked to mental disorders, vomiting, weakness in the muscles, and passing out. If you are suffering from any of these conditions in ways that seem out of the ordinary, then you may want to check with your doctor and get your house inspected.

What is a Carbon Monoxide Test?

Although it is possible to test for carbon monoxide yourself, it’s best to have it done by a professional. A Certified Carbon Monoxide Testing company will have the knowledge, experience, and high-tech equipment necessary to perform a thorough accurate inspection of your entire home. What will they look for?

Carbon Monoxide Solutions

Once an inspection is conducted by Brown & Sons Plumbing, then a list of professional recommendations can be given as to how your can protect your home from the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning. In some case you may need to make small adjustments. In other cases, old appliances or equipment may need to be removed or relocated away from the home. It is important to remember that operating gas burning equipment or vehicles inside the home or garage should be forbidden at all times. This can cause immediate injury or death as your automobile emits larger amounts of carbon monoxide than most other fuel burning items.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *