What are the signs of sink blockage? How to avoid it?
Kitchen sinks, in particular, witness constant pouring of both hot and cold substances. Do you ever wonder what happens to the sink while you pour down anything and everything? Obviously not. While the food particles flowing down the drain get stuck, the hot water damages the pipe eventually. If not treated at the right time, it might damage the entire plumbing system of your house.
So, to provide the correct solution to all your clogging issues, there are various Corinth plumbing agencies that offer plumbing services without burning a hole in your pocket. However, in this guide, we would be referring to some of the common signs that show that you have got a huge blockage in your sink, along with some of the ways to prevent it.
Top signs of sink blockage
Looking out for sink blockage will save you from major plumbing issues and higher maintenance costs. Here are some of the signs that show your sink is in some serious need of maintenance.
- Unusual noises: If you hear odd or strange noises from pipes, it could be due to the obstruction in the sink. Water is supposed to flow down evenly and freely through pipes. However, if you hear any unusual sound, be sure that it’s because of air pockets caused by blockages. When water passes through these pockets, a bubbling noise is created. Also, if you feel like the blades are not able to turn. It’s probably because of the obstruction caused by blockages.
- Backflow: If you notice water flowing backward instead of forward, it needs urgent professional services such as Corinth plumbing service. Backflow is the result of the blockage, which doesn’t allow water to drain. Instead, it forces the flow towards the opposite direction. Hire a plumbing agency immediately if you ever come across situations like this. Not just your entire surrounding will be covered with the smell; it will also damage your flooring and facilitate the growth of mildew.
- Frequent clogging: Occasional clogging of the sink is common. However, it becomes a matter of concern when it happens regularly. If your kitchen sink is also showing such a sign, it’s time to contact a plumbing agency. It needs to be cleared all at once so that you don’t have to bear the expense of regular plumbing maintenance. And this is only possible when you hire professionals like Corinth plumbing services.
- Standing water: Your sink is entirely blocked if you notice accumulated water in your sink. This might be the result of an object getting stuck inside the plumbing system, such as paper towels, toys, or plastic. Also, it might have happened due to the long accumulation of substances that were supposed to be washed away, but it didn’t. To remove such obstacles from the plumbing system, you got to call a professional. If you try to solve it on your own, you might end up causing more damage to it. Hence, whenever you notice such things, give a call to Corinth plumbing services right away!
- Foul Odours: Another obvious and disgusting sign of a clogged sink is the foul smell. This smell might be similar to the smell of rotting vegetables or meals. If you get to smell something like this inside your house, check your sink right away. When a material gets stuck and starts to rot in it, your entire home gets covered with such smell. Another possibility is, an animal might have died inside it and might’ve started to rot. Whatever may be the case, availing the services of the Corinth plumbing agency is the best option.
Methods to avoid clogging of a sink
Legend has it that better safe than sorry, which means, it’s always better to carry out a task safely instead of regretting it later. So, here also, it’s better to take preventive measures than to regret damaging your entire plumbing system.
- Don’t pour everything down: If you want your sink to remain as it is, take care of it. How? Well, the best way is not to pour everything down. Prevent pouring of grease and oil down the sink as it can block the pipes. Rather, you can store it inside a container and dump it later.
- Put a screen: Another effective measure is to install a drain-gate or filter over the sinkhole to catch unwanted residues such as soap scum, hair, plastic, etc. Also, a drain strainer would do the work. Be it anything; the common motive is to prevent food scraps and other residues from flowing down the drain.
- Rinse the drain using hot water: Make it a habit of pouring warm water inside the sink once in a week. It will help by melting down any grease or oil that is accumulated inside the sink or pipe. However, please don’t make a mistake by pouring boiling water; it might end up damaging your pipe. Some of the plumbing agencies such as Corinth plumbing, also advise their clients to do the same.
- Watch what you’re dumping: Materials such as coffee grounds, banana peels, potato skins, and eggshells should be avoided. Since they’re all sticky and thick, it doesn’t get washed away easily.
Now that you are familiar with all the signs and ways to prevent blockage in your sink, I hope you succeed in maintaining a clogged-free sink. Even if you ever require the services of a plumbing agency, you can get one easily as there are various Corinth plumbing agencies willing to provide effective solutions. When you spot an issue, contact a professional as soon as possible. As the more you delay the process, the more tough and expensive it becomes to tackle. By following the above-mentioned simple steps, you can keep your sink in good condition for years. And, you need to hire the services of a professional instead of trying to fix it yourself as it can cause injury to you and the plumbing system.
Are you looking for a reliable and good agency that provides Corinth plumbing services? Well, that’s what Brown & Sons has to offer you. Be it maintenance, repair, or installation, they can handle it all. Our plumbers are experienced enough to tackle the problem in no time and provide the best solutions for it. We excel in providing all kinds of plumbing related solutions as quickly as possible. In the entire Corinth, we bet you can’t find any other agency rendering such efficient, reliable, and fast services. Whatever may be the time, don’t hesitate to call us if you’re facing trouble. We’re here 24*7 to fix your issue. Not just that, we’re also a bonded, licensed, and insured plumbing agency. For further details, you can contact us freely at (940)305-9539 or fill up our request form online to hear from us.
Read previous blog: Top 10 issues that could require professional plumbing repair at your home
If you are looking for a Company in the area, please call Brown and Sons at (940) 302-0100 or click here to fill out our online request form